Here are some clues to see if you are on track to achieving the success that you wish for career:
1. Clear Outcomes: “Begin with the end in mind” – Stephen R Covey
Are you clear about your outcomes? Are you clearer about what you want than what you don’t want? Have you written them down?
When we have our goals physically written (not typed) then we have entered them into our neurology and provided we take action, we are guaranteed to achieve them. When we are clear about our end result our chances of success are greatest.
2. Action: “Action expresses priorities” – Mohandas Ghandi
What actions are you taking on a daily basis? What habits do you already have in place? What habits do you need to develop for success? And what habits do you need to let go of for success?
When we take decisive, confident, clear action on a consistent basis we have no option but to succeed. It the modern world it is so easy to become distracted, sofocused action is what gets results.
3. Choice: “Our freedom lies in our in our ability to choose to respond” – Nelson Mandela.
What choices are you making? Are you reacting? Or are you choosing to respond? Are you at cause (getting results)? Or are you in effect (telling a story)?
When you are authentically aligned to your purpose and the goals you choose in life, then you are setup for success and it is in your grasp to consistently make powerful choices.
4. Awareness: “What screws us up most in life, is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be” – Byron Katie
Are you measuring what you do? Are you aware of what is working and what is not? What is your picture in your head? Are you even aware of it?
That which is measured is achieved, and it is when we are aware of what is working that we can focus our attention on success in this domain.
5. Belief: “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.”- Robert Anthony
What are your beliefs about your goal? What beliefs hold you back? What beliefs drive you forward?
When you have powerful positive beliefs, you will achieve your goal.
6. Flexibility: “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach” – Anthony Robbins
Are you stuck in a rut? Or are you being flexible with what you are doing?
The definition of insanity is “doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result”. Knowing when to perseve and when to change requires discernment, yet it is this very flexibility that matters most when achieving our goals.
7. Self-Efficacy: “Operate from a physiology and a psychology of excellence” – Dr Tad James
How are you physically holding yourself? What are you thinking around how you achieve your goals?
Our body affects our mind and our mind affects our body. When our posture and thoughts are aligned towards operating from our most powerful state, then we tap into our inner power and a force that succeeds.